Pageflex Persona [document: PRS0000026_00031]

“I had to have a quick read of your wonderful Kalahari Dream. It is a magnificent book, and your idea of making it IT friendly is really a terrific one. I spent a marvelous hour reading, and I want to commend you for your vision, your tenacity, your courage and most of all, your compassion! Please feel free to use my words in any way you like, and if there is anything else I can do for the book, I would be glad to. You have achieved something magnificent! Jeff Masson.”
Jeffrey Moussaieff Masson, Ph.D.
P.O.Box 25930, St. Heliers, Auckland 1740
New Zealand

Quote from the Foreword by Phil Wollen, famous Australian philanthropist:

“Kalahari Dream” takes us on a fascinating journey with two remarkable people.

To immerse oneself in the narrative is to participate in the sweet sadness of the African story; Stunning beauty, exquisite landscapes, and the sounds of the rawness of life in a harsh land. The calls of wild animals of every species, the sound of hailstones in a desert; the sheer joy of different animals engaging in the simple act of playing with their cousins from other species; and, of course, the courtship and love affair between injured wildlife and their human rescuers.”

Available for only $5.99 from the Amazon KINDLE Store

and for download in all popular electronic formats for $5.99 from SMASHWORDS

Available as a 302-page paperback from Amazon.com   South Africans may order the book in hard copy direct from the authors at info@cannedlion.org for SAR100 plus postage.

Also from CREATESPACE (an Amazon group company) here

About these ads

About cannedlion
Advocate Chris Mercer is the recipient of the Marchig trust award for excellence in the service of animal welfare, wildlife and conservation.

14 Responses to All proceeds from the sale of this book go to the Campaign Against Canned Hunting

1. Trausti Traustason says:

The sunset cover says more with nature around, that if there are many more issues than just foxes. But the fox shoulder cover is more like its just about foxes.
    But the photos(covers) are both great!

regards
    Trausti

2. Lori says:

Bonnie’s beautiful face is more clear in the portrait version; however, maybe the background on this one could have a slightly faded nature scene? It was very hard to choose, as both are nice.

3. Mary Heslan says:

Personally I like the sunset shot, but the head and shoulders shot is the book cover shot. It still has all the character and attitude, and it is simple, clear and bold. The sunset one has too much detail in it, the picture, like the title, should be short and sharp. … in my humble opinion :o)

4. Jude Price says:

Hi Chris and Bev – so hard to choose – but the deeper red somehow said ‘dream’ + “kalahari” more strongly – both great pictures though and Bonnie is just beautiful!

5. Dear Chris:

I am looking forward to reading your new book!

The Sunset photograph really captures the essense of “Kalahari Dream.”

I wish you much success!

Lisa

6. Linda H says:

As a nature photographer the sunset picture is too “busy” and the grass across Bonnie’s face too distracting. The Portrait photograph is the better shot.

• cannedlion says:

Linda many thanks for your intelligent comment. Although the preference from crowdsourcing is with the sunset cover about 60-40, the book is being sold thru Amazon, not a book shop, and Amazon only shows a thumbnail + small enlargement. With such a small image, we really have no choice but to go with the portrait. Kind regards Chris

7. Les Ward says:

Two fantastic photographs of “Bonnie”, the wonderful fox that I have had the pleasure to meet. The ‘sunset’ one for me.

8. The Sunset one for me guys – from a photography point the grass does not bother me at all as it is part of the scene and habitat – the Kalahari is also so well known for the gorgeous skies and it just has more ambiance than the other!
    Bonnie looks wonderful and I look forward to reading it – so book my book please!